Kenai Divorce Mediation
The decision to divorce is never an easy one. In addition to the emotional aspect of ending the marriage, couples have to deal with figuring out who gets the house, where the children will live and how much child support should be paid. As a skilled and knowledgeable attorney, I can help you sort through these issues.
Alaska Child Custody Attorney
I have been practicing in Kenai, Alaska, since 1978. I bring a depth of knowledge and experience handling divorce and legal separation issues, which include:
- Division of assets: When you and your spouse have shared marital assets, it can be difficult to determine who gets what after a divorce. I understand the laws regarding property division and can guide you through the process.
- Spousal support: There may be situations in which one spouse was the “breadwinner” while the other spouse stayed at home to care for the children. If this sounds like your situation, you may be entitled to spousal support, also known as alimony.
- Child custody: If children are involved, a custody agreement needs to be established. I understand the different types of custody, including how the courts decide on this issue. I can protect your rights to ensure a favorable outcome.
- Child support: In many cases, the noncustodial parent is required to pay child support to the custodial parent. I can assist you with establishing custody and also modification, if there is a substantial change in circumstances.
- Dissolution of domestic partnership/relationship: I can provide assistance to couples who wish to obtain a dissolution of domestic partnership, or a dissolution of domestic relationship for couples who were never married. This applies to same-sex and opposite-sex couples alike.
I also provide mediation services to couples who wish to resolve their divorce or separation issues outside of court. In those cases, I will act as a neutral facilitator while you and your spouse discuss these matters.
Schedule A Consultation Today
For a Kenai divorce mediation lawyer, contact Phil N. Nash, Attorney at Law. Call 907-283-7514 to schedule an initial appointment.